Content Fitness Test
Does your content inform, inspire, and engage your visitors, or is filled with forgettable marketese? Does it help to increase awareness of who you are, what you do, and the value you provide? And finally, Is it helping to grow your business or helping to contribute to its stagnation or decline?
Take this simple (true or false) test and find out if your website is optimized for maximum business growth.
The Top-10 Questions
- Lots of visitors come to my site, but very few of them buy my product or use my service.
- I’m not getting substantial organic traffic from search engines like Google or Yahoo.
- It takes more than 5 seconds to get the gist of what I am offering.
- I’ve included meaningless marketing words such as “amazing”, “great”, and “revolutionary’.
- I included “clever” sub-headings instead of meaningful ones that help to inform skim-readers.
- I start with a foundation and gradually build to the conclusion instead of using the Inverted Pyramid Style.
- I just write from the gut and don’t bother with writing for personas.
- Sometimes it takes more than a few seconds for my pages to load – but that’s okay because they are so rich with great images.
- My site feature videos longer than 3 or 4 minutes.
- I don’t feature any testimonials on my website – I don’t have to.
How many “trues” did you get?
If you answered “true” to even one of these question, than you many be driving visitors away to your competitors.