BACKGROUND: Ben McLellan, known as “a task master with a velvet glove”, had a preexisting website and Facebook fan page promoting his yoga, massage, and personal training studio located in Watertown, Massachusetts.
GOAL: Ben wanted to reach an audience of potential new clients. He also wanted to educate visitors about the benefits of Yoga and how it could help them to re-energize, relax, strengthen, grow and flourish.
SOLUTION: Video for the Underground Studios website, YouTube, and Facebook. Ben and I agreed that his distinctive warm and humorous style would best be communicated through video – specifically, an informal interview intercut with class training. The focus was on the benefits of yoga, the varied goals of his clients, and the offerings of the studio. (See and learn about the Videos)
- The channel concept was sold to USA Network for a reported $78 million
- Sci-Fi Channel was launch 9/24/92 to an audience of 3 million people
- Doctor Of Contact produced the channel’s first flagship series – Inside Space
- The channel was later acquired by Universal/NBC for $2.2 billion
- Today, 95,000,000 people receive the Sci-Fi Channel (rebranded: SyFy)
Check out more about Ben and how this project came about.